International Teams is pleased to announce the establishment of a new program, Impact Iraq, led by Iraqi-Canadian Insaf Safou. Impact Iraq is a compassion ministry that helps refugees and internally displaced people by partnering with home churches, encouraging pastors and Christian workers, building up marginalized women, and developing income-generating projects for impoverished people.
As a former refugee, Insaf understands the extreme hardship her people face as IDPs in northern Iraq and in refugee camps in Turkey and surrounding countries.
"I have visited Christians living in the worst possible conditions - with rat holes in the wall and plastic on the roof and yet these people never stop thanking Jesus for what they have. A smile never leaves their faces."
Insaf visits poor Iraqi families door-to-door offering prayer, encouragement, and emotional, spiritual and financial help including delivering baskets of food, clothing and money for medical care. Often Insaf works alongside a small group of Catholic nuns in the Ninevah Plain.
"My goal is to encourage Iraqi Christians that God hasn't forgotten about them. I can't meet everyone's needs but I can do my part. I work to build bridges between North American Iraqi Christians and those still in Iraq.”
To learn more click here http://www.iteams.ca/impact_iraq.php.